- You should seek the advice from a Building Consultant. They can identify the issues that may be creating the leaking. We can assist with initial enquiries and guidance.
- Avoid untrained opinions about what is the cause and remedy. This is a specialist issue that needs to be examined by a Building Consultant.
- You can find Building Consultants online, in the local paper or phone book. Try finding one that specialises in weathertightness.
- Find someone who can look at the home and assess potential water entry points. They need to provide guidance about the next steps.
i. Achieve a reasonable level of confidence they know what they are talking about before engaging.
ii. Once you find someone, ask around to see if anyone knows them, and if they have a good or bad reputation.
- Ask for costs before engaging. An hourly rate is normally the only thing that can be given. The time it will take can vary.
- Write down questions before approaching a company. Ask questions and follow up to any verbal discussions in a written format, email is best. This will save any misunderstandings.